you all know, i love blueberries! they hold a special place in my heart, they're small but pack a powerful nutritional punch, especially wild blueberries! traditionally, i use Wyman's frozen wild blueberries from Maine. the blueberries i used in this recipe i picked myself on a farm in New Jersey, it was such a tranquil and meditate experience to pick my own!
wild blueberries contain 2x more fiber, 30% less sugar, contain 8x more manganese than conventionally grown blueberries, (manganese helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones), contains anti-cancer properties, promotes cardiovascular health, strengthens cognitive function and helps to improve eye sight.
WILD BLUEBERRY-CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
•2 cups gluten free oat flour
•¾ tsp. baking soda
•½ tsp. baking powder
•2 tbsp. hemp seeds
•½ tsp. cinnamon
•¼ tsp. salt
•½ cup + 2 tbsp. almond milk / oat milk
•1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
•3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
•¼ cup coconut sugar
•¼ cup pure maple syrup •1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
•1 ½ cups blueberries
•¼ cup of chocolate chips
1. preheat oven to 350°F. line a 12-cup muffin pan
2. in a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, hemp seeds, cinnamon + salt.
3. in a medium bowl; whisk together wet ingredients: milk, lemon juice, oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla *room temp. milk will prevent the melted coconut oil from solidifying once mixed with milk.
4. combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients. whisk until just about riiight, making sure no flour patches remain, add in blueberries + chocolate chips
5. pour batter evenly into muffin pan - filling each cup all the way to the top for big, round-topped muffins. *add additional blueberries, chocolate chips + hemp seeds onto muffin tops.
6. bake for 22-30 minutes. *mine took 26 min.
*insert a toothpick to check
7. place muffin pan on a cooling rack to cool for 20 min. then, remove muffins from pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 1-2 hours. give thanks + enjoy!
*store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, or in a cool, dark environment.
*to freeze: store in an airtight container or bag, in the freezer for up to 1-2 months. allow to thaw for about 30 minutes at room temperature before enjoying
these bb’s make for a delicious breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert. they’re fluffy, filling and ohhh so diviiine — try n’ have just one! hope y’all enjoy! 🫐